Sierra Tucson offers effective, comprehensive treatment for individuals in need of detox for oxycodone addiction.
Understanding oxycodone & long-term effects
Oxycodone is a strong opioid that can be found in a number of prescription pain medications, including OxyContin and Percocet. While medications that contain oxycodone can be effective in supplying relief for many, it is also a medication that has the potential for abuse and addiction. When consumed, oxycodone or medications that contain oxycodone and other ingredients can bring about the onset of pleasant effects that can be enticing to individuals who have a legitimate medical need for these effects as well as those who are in search of a recreational high.
When an individual starts to regularly use oxycodone, he or she can easily begin to develop a tolerance to it as his or her body gets used to the presence of it and then requires more of it in order to achieve the desired effects.
As the individual begins to consume greater and greater amounts of oxycodone on a more frequent basis, his or her body can start to depend on the substance. When this occurs, his or her body will be unable to function in the same manner it used to without the presence of oxycodone. When this kind of chemical dependency has been established and the individual tries to stop the use of oxycodone, he or she will likely suffer from withdrawal.
What happens during oxycodone withdrawal
Withdrawal happens when the body attempts to readjust itself to how it used to function before the introduction of oxycodone. This can be a very painful process, and even dangerous at times. Some of the possible symptoms that can develop when an individual is experiencing oxycodone withdrawal can include the following:
- Extreme cravings
- Abdominal cramping
These are just some of the possible side effects that can occur when one is withdrawing from oxycodone.
Since the symptoms of withdrawal can be so painful and uncomfortable, many individuals find themselves desperately wanting to find a way to end the negative psychological and physical effects. One method of doing so is by consuming oxycodone once more, which then continues to aid in the destructive cycle of abuse and addiction.
Detoxification at 0ur oxycodone addiction treatment center
Individuals can prevent resuming their use of oxycodone to decrease symptoms of withdrawal by partaking in detoxification, or detox, services. This physiological process occurs when substances are cleared from the body. By participating in detox at a premier treatment center, individuals can have oxycodone cleared from their bodies without having to experience the same symptoms that would commonly occur during the period of withdrawal.
At Sierra Tucson, the best treatment center for oxycodone detox, we work to make sure that the detox process is as comfortable as possible. We understand the amount of courage that it takes to engage in detox, and we applaud those who display such strength.
Our detox center has a comprehensive program that offers individuals the best around-the-clock care and interactions with our medical staff during their time spent in detox. The medical professionals at our detox center do everything within their power to ensure the safety and comfort of each patient, which can sometimes include prescribing specific medications that are able to decrease any pain or upset.
At the time of finishing detox, individuals are able to move flawlessly into our residential treatment center where they can develop the skills needed to uphold their sobriety for the long-term.
Long-term benefits of detox for oxycodone addiction
There are a handful of benefits to deciding to participate in detox services as one step towards recovering from an addiction to oxycodone. Some of these benefits can include the following:
- Security: Individuals will not be able to access any substances of abuse while they are in detox at our treatment center, which eliminates the risk that they will succumb to their cravings and relapse into oxycodone abuse prior to finishing detox.
- Continuity: When an individual finishes detox at our treatment center and rehab, he or she can then move into the next level of care for his or her addiction. This continuity of care improves upon the odds that the individual will experience a successful experience in treatment and will develop a solid foundation in recovery.
- Community: The many men and women who are in recovery worldwide form a tightly-knit community that can serve as a source of continual support for those who are recovering from oxycodone addiction. While in detox, an individual can begin to make beneficial connections within his or her community and can uncover the value of offering and obtaining support from those who are experiencing similar challenges.
- Therapeutic support: In addition to offering medications, the best detox professionals are able to help patients manage their pain through a series of therapeutic interventions. The skills developed during detox can also be highly effective during the entire process of care, as well as after the individual has finished treatment and returned home.
- Safety: Oxycodone withdrawal is typically not a dangerous experience, however complications can occur. Our professionals are able to respond to any problems in a manner that safeguards the safety and health of those who detox at our treatment center.
- Comfort: The medically supervised program we offer at our detox center offers specific medications that can reduce the more painful symptoms of withdrawal, which helps patients end their oxycodone abuse with less pain than they would experience otherwise.
At Sierra Tucson, a premier rehab center for oxycodone detox, we understand the importance of making the decision to obtain detox at the beginning of one’s recovery from oxycodone addiction. We also believe that an individual should not be defined by his or her addiction, which is why we make efforts towards offering personalized treatment options that address every individual where he or she is at within his or her recovery. By doing this, each patient who obtains our care can be confident that he or she will achieve success in recovery.
If you or someone you love is struggling with oxycodone addiction and you desire to learn more about detox services or any other aspect of our treatment, please contact us at your earliest convenience.