At Sierra Tucson, the best rehab center for pain recovery programming, we provide a comprehensive residential treatment program for adults age 18 and older of all genders who are suffering from pain, including neck and back disorders, oro-facial pain, arthritis, headaches, opiate hyperalgesia, central nervous system sensitivity, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, fibromyalgia, and other musculoskeletal and rheumatic conditions.
Our Integrative Treatment Approach
The integrative treatment approach in the Pain Recovery Program combines both neuroscience and complementary therapies designed to help each person move toward recovery and resiliency. Additionally, each resident is provided with individualized medical and clinical care within a scenic, tranquil setting, allowing for optimal healing of the body, mind, and spirit.
It is not uncommon for those who are in frequent or chronic pain to struggle with additional mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, or substance abuse. For these reasons, our program provides a wide range of medical and clinical services that simultaneously treat co-occurring conditions. Our treatment center’s expert staff of professionals uses an interdisciplinary team approach and customizes both conventional and complimentary, evidence-based treatments that support each individual’s unique capacity for wellness and flourishing. With so many treatment modalities available to help uncover and heal underlying issues of pain or chronic pain, residents will find new opportunities for increased self-discovery, healing, freedom, and joy.
The goal of our rehab center’s Pain Recovery Program is to improve your quality of life by providing additional alternatives to help manage, control and reduce your pain, so you can return to your referring professional with an increased ability to function at higher levels.
If medication is required, non-addictive medications with fewer side effects and risks will be explored first. We strongly urge all participants in the Pain Recovery Program to consider initial opiate detoxification with medical supervision and support so as to better evaluate for underlying opiate tolerance or opiate-induced hyperalgesia. On the rare occasion when long-term opiate maintenance is indicated, our rehab center’s program team will help determine the safest and lowest effective dosing strategy.
Your multidisciplinary program team will include an attending physician, primary therapist, family therapist, continuing care coordinator, psychologists, therapeutic activity & fitness specialists, licensed integrative therapy practitioners, and naturopathic physicians who address the physiological as well as the psychological effects of pain.
Among the many benefits of enrolling in a program at our rehab center is the significant number of nurses and doctors (including a naturopathic physician) who are full-time staff members.
Rather than focusing solely on the physical tissue damage or psychological effects of pain, you’ll receive the best treatment that balances each aspect of your health. And you’ll take home a comprehensive set of new skills, insights, and resources to sustain the journey of recovery that begins here.
Comprehensive & Personalized Care
Comprehensive care includes a complete diagnostic assessment, from which the multidisciplinary team will develop and coordinate your individualized program plan. Our treatment center’s premier, compassionate staff members understand the emotional pain felt by residents and families. Extensive experience and training enable us to provide the highest quality of care for your emotional, physical, and spiritual healing.
The program team meets regularly to assess and review individual progress, sharing insights from their areas of expertise and collaborating to update your treatment plan. This continual reassessment provides optimized treatment to simultaneously address the total scope of your chronic pain recovery and any co-occurring disorders.
Treatment is a vital first step, providing a foundation for recovery, and it is essential for you to follow a plan to continue your success. So you’ll leave our treatment center with a continuing care plan developed according to your specific needs. In addition, Alumni Relations will provide you with resources, follow-up communication, and encouragement to remind you that you’re never alone on your new journey.
Therapies & Services
- Medication evaluation and medically supervised detox (if needed)
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which teaches mindfulness, interpersonal skills, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) to help heal the effects of pain
- Somatic Experiencing® Therapy healing Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) dysregulation to increase awareness and help release pain-related tension
- Biofeedback, neuro feedback, and mindfulness to teach relaxation and skills for coping with stress
- Massage therapy for release of stress, depression, and fatigue
- Integrative Therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, shiatsu, and yoga to offer mind-body approaches for healing
- TED quality pain, trauma, and addiction lectures by our expert faculty
- Physical therapy
- Therapeutic injections to control pain and facilitate movement (joint, bursa, trigger point, nerve blocks)
- Personal training
- Qi gong and other gentle movement therapies
- Equine therapy
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray, ultrasound, MRI) and laboratory testing
- Nutrition evaluation and classes
- Naturopathic evaluation and treatment
- Family week
- Discharge care planning and a warm hand-off to the post-discharge care team