Premier Outpatient Mental Health Care in Southlake, Texas
The effects of a mental health concern or substance use disorder can keep you from living a full, productive life, but effective treatment can help you heal and envision a brighter future.
Sierra at Southlake Outpatient Care, located near Dallas, Texas, in Southlake, offers two levels of outpatient treatment, ensuring that adults have access to the high-quality care they deserve.
Disorders We Treat
We offer a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet people from all walks of life where they are on their healing journeys.
Our outpatient care includes a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (IOP) for adults age 18 and older who are suffering from mental health concerns such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Suicidal ideation
- Eating disorders
We also serve adults who are struggling with addictions to substances such as:
- Prescription painkillers
Our outpatient programs are designed to support those whose struggles with mental health concerns have disrupted their ability to lead productive lives. At Sierra at Southlake, our goal is to be a source of hope for people who have been impacted by mental health concerns and addictions. Our IOP and PHP are best suited for those who need structured care but don’t require the intensive stabilization services of our inpatient unit.
What Makes Sierra at Southlake Different?
We recognize that each of our clients has a unique medical history and life experiences that inform the type and level of care they need.
To best support our clients, we offer outpatient services at two levels: a partial hospitalization program and an intensive outpatient program.
Our PHP is the highest level of outpatient care we provide, offering five hours of treatment five days a week. A step-down level of care from our PHP, our IOP offers three hours of treatment four days a week. Both outpatient programs serve adults age 18 and older of all genders who have mental health concerns and substance use disorders.
Features of our IOP include:
- Thorough intake evaluations: Our intake evaluations are thorough and allow our team to design a comprehensive treatment plan for each client.
- Streamlined admissions process: The admissions process at Sierra at Southlake is streamlined so that we can connect each client with the care they need as soon as possible.
- Customized care: Each client who receives care in our Dallas PHP or IOP follows an individualized plan that is based on their background and therapeutic needs.
- Evidence-based treatment: At Sierra Southlake, our therapists use evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to help our clients develop skills that can help them heal.
- Multidisciplinary staff: The staff for our Dallas IOP and PHP includes psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed mental health practitioners, yoga instructors, acupuncturists and massage therapists from the Southlake area.
- Aftercare planning: Clients in our IOP and PHP receive a detailed aftercare plan that is developed by the professionals who have been working with them. These plans can include referrals to traditional outpatient services and community group meetings.
Many adults step down to our PHP or IOP after completing a residential or inpatient program, but others start treatment directly at the PHP or IOP level. Our team of highly experienced professionals conducts a detailed assessment to determine which level of care best suits each prospective client’s needs. The typical program length in Sierra at Southlake’s IOP and PHP is between a few weeks and a few months, depending on the client and their progress.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program
The partial hospitalization program at Sierra at Southlake near Dallas, Texas, is an excellent option for clients who need intensive therapy and a high level of support but do not require regular monitoring.
When you take part in our Dallas PHP, you will receive therapeutic services at least 20 hours a week. The option to leave after the treatment day ends allows you to return to your community each day. This gives you an opportunity to practice some of the skills you learned in therapy in real-life settings, easing the transition back to your daily life.
The structure of the PHP environment can be highly beneficial for clients who are stepping down from an inpatient or residential program, but it can also be ideal for those who need a more structured therapeutic setting than traditional outpatient services provide. During your time in our PHP, you may process difficult memories, change negative thought patterns and develop the skills you need to achieve long-term healing.
Our Intensive Outpatient Program
Clients who take part in the intensive outpatient program near Dallas, Texas, in Southlake benefit from the convenience and flexibility of the IOP environment.
At the IOP level of care, we provide treatment at least 12 hours a week. The healing environment is less structured than that of a PHP but offers more support than you would receive in traditional outpatient treatment. You can expect to take part in programming on a more intensive schedule than in traditional outpatient therapy, but you will have time to go to work, attend school and spend time with friends and family.
The format of Sierra Southlake’s outpatient program is often ideal for those who are at the point in their healing process when they are beginning to transition back to their homes and communities. Throughout your time in the IOP, you can receive continual support and guidance as you develop new coping skills and prepare to build on the progress you have made in treatment.
Therapies We Offer at Sierra at Southlake
Our outpatient treatment center near Dallas, Texas, provides clinically excellent care designed to help our clients heal and thrive.
Before you enter our care, you’ll complete a thorough evaluation that can help our treatment team better understand your background and therapeutic goals. Based on the information we gather during the intake evaluation, our team can design a customized care plan for you. Depending on your needs, your care plan at Sierra at Southlake may include:
- Motivational interviewing: Licensed therapists can use motivational interviewing to encourage clients to exercise accountability in their healing process. Through a series of questions, motivational interviewing helps clients determine the best strategies for coping and thriving.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: CBT can help clients identify and alter negative thought patterns that could be holding them back from progressing.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: DBT can help clients develop coping strategies as they learn to change negative behavioral patterns.
- Trauma-focused interventions: Our therapists use trauma-focused interventions, which are sensitive to the needs of our clients who are struggling with the effects of trauma.
- Medication management services: IOP and PHP clients who have been prescribed medication as part of their treatment plans can meet with a psychiatrist regularly, depending on their needs.
- Medical care: Basic medical care is available in our PHP and IOP.
- Individual therapy: Licensed, qualified mental health practitioners hold individual therapy sessions for each client once a week for at least 30 minutes.
- Family therapy: Family therapy at Sierra at Southlake is available as needed.
- Group therapy: Group therapy at our treatment center is held multiple times daily.
Group therapy sessions are a main feature of our outpatient programs and offer clients the chance to get to know each other, listen to each other’s experiences and share support and encouragement. Our mental health staff leads the group therapy sessions, which cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Family systems
- Abandonment and attachment
- Goal setting
- Coping skills
- Emotion regulation
In addition to our core therapies and services, we offer many experiential therapies designed to comprehensively address the emotional, psychological and physical aspects of mental health concerns and addictions. Southlake acupuncturists offer acupuncture services for our clients. We also have yoga classes led by Southlake, Texas, certified yoga instructors as well as massage services provided by Sierra massage therapists.
Our Admissions Process
If you’re interested in learning more about the outpatient services at our Sierra at Southlake location near Dallas, Texas, please reach out to our admissions team.
Someone from our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions and help you begin the admissions process. All prospective clients must complete an initial assessment that helps us determine whether outpatient care at our Dallas treatment center is the best fit for them.
After a prospective client completes the assessment, our staff reviews their background, medical history and current therapeutic needs to determine whether Sierra at Southlake can meet their needs. If we feel that another program or treatment center would be a better choice, we can provide the appropriate referral.
If we admit you to Sierra at Southlake, you can check in, meet your care team and take a tour of our facility. At this time, we can also give you an overview of our services and answer any questions you have. If you are ready to begin the admissions process, or if you have any questions, please feel free to call us anytime, day or night.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Sierra at Southlake.