TUCSON, Ariz. (September 2018) – Sierra Tucson, an internationally renowned leader in behavioral and mental health care, announces the expansion of its medical team to meet the growing demand for residential treatment services.
During the last six months, Sierra Tucson recruited seven experts to join its elite team:
- James Seymour, MD, director of Trauma Recovery Program
- Jerome Lerner, MD, director of Executive and Licensed Professional Program
- Jasleen Chatwal, MD, director of Mood Program
- Brandon Yates, MD, attending psychiatrist, Mood Program
- Janaka Sarathchandra, MD, attending psychiatrist, Desert Flower
- Donnie Sansom, MD, medical services, attending physician, Addiction/Co-Occurring Program
- Janet Tinkey – DNP, PMHNP-BC, psychiatric nurse practitioner, Desert Flower
Each of these professionals are health innovators who are nationally and internationally recognized specialists in their respective areas. They will offer treatment across a full continuum of care for individuals struggling with addiction and certain mental health concerns.
“Sierra Tucson is a place where thought leaders live, work, and create, and we are beyond enthusiastic to expand our outstanding medical team, said Aaron Wilson, chief medical officer at Sierra Tucson. “At Sierra Tucson, we recognize the importance of incorporating a variety of treatment modalities into the care we offer our residents and these staff additions move that mission forward.”
Earlier this summer, Sierra Tucson broke ground on its $16.5 million expansion which will include 44 licensed beds, integrative therapy rooms, a new pharmacy center, as well as expanded facilities for individualized treatment and a dedicated admission center.