We focus on clinical excellence. The clinical principles that drive us to excellence are a client-directed, outcome-informed treatment philosophy, and a data supported belief that the therapeutic alliance is the most important single element of a good treatment outcome.
Our model is based upon a series of patient-focused principles, including the following:
- Addiction is a treatable, chronic, relapsing brain disease
- The most important element in treatment is the therapeutic alliance
- Client-directed, outcome-informed treatment leads to improved outcomes
- Continuing care support is a primary factor in sustained recovery
Strong Clinical Foundation
- All counselors will be trained on our philosophy of client-directed, outcome-informed treatment and on four evidence-based practices, CBT, motivational interviewing, stages of change, and 12-step.
- All counselors will meet or exceed a set of core competencies and will be assessed against those competencies on a quarterly basis. An independent development plan will be created and executed, for each counselor, based on the results of those assessments.
- Counselor clinical skills will be enhanced via Clinical Supervision, a unique and powerful process that includes videotaped counseling sessions, one hour of supervision for every 20 hours of direct service, and supervision of program supervisors via videotaping
- Robust & individualized client-directed treatment plans
- Consistent communication with referral sources including during the development of both the treatment and continuing care plan
Ongoing Measurement & Assessment
- Ongoing measurement and feedback is the basis for outcome informed decision making and treatment
- We will measure functional outcomes on admission and every three months post discharge
- We will measure the strength of the therapeutic alliance in real time and the results will be used while the patient is in treatment
Consistent Program Elements
- Inclusion of disease management concepts in the continuing care process
- Detailed & comprehensive continuing care planning
- Warm transfers to resources in the patient’s community while they are still in treatment
- At least monthly follow ups with patients for 12 months after discharge and then quarterly after the patient is stable
- Referral to recovery specialists in the patients community to ensure a smooth transition into the community and implementation of the continuing care plan
By offering research-supported, client-directed treatment that emphasizes the relationship between client and counselor – and by ensuring that our programs and personnel meet or exceed measurable standards for clinical excellence – Sierra Tucson is the provider of choice for individuals and families in need.