Dual Diagnosis Treatment
If you suffer from a disorder such as depression, anxiety, an eating disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder, there’s a good chance you are also trying to navigate a drug or alcohol addiction. These very distinct, but inextricably linked, conditions interact with one another, making them even more difficult to diagnose and treat, and making relapse in one condition more likely to cause relapse in the other.
Sierra Tucson’s dual diagnosis treatment program is designed to identify and address each of the problems you are experiencing, resulting in comprehensive treatment that simultaneously targets every aspect of your life. By tackling your addictions and disorders at once, you will be better able to understand the root of each and experience a more successful recovery.
How We Can Help
If you are enrolled at our residential treatment center for co-occurring disorders, you will participate in many facets of our dual diagnosis treatment program:
- Group therapy
- Lectures or sessions that provide information on the medical and psychological aspects of your disorders
- Medication, as needed
- Twelve-Step groups
- Relapse prevention, with weekly groups
- Specialty groups that address your co-occurring disorders and areas of struggle, such as drug abuse, alcoholism, eating disorders, trauma, chronic pain, grief and spirituality
- Groups for professionals, men, and women
- Family Program that allows family members to benefit from this time of learning and healing
- Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Massage Therapy, Qigong, Reiki, Somatic Experiencing®, Yoga, and Zero Balancing
- Therapeutic and Recreational Activities such as Adventure Therapy, Climbing Wall, Creative Expression, Equine-Assisted Therapy, Relaxation Classes, and Exercise
We believe that the more you understand your disorders, the better you will be able to manage them in recovery. That’s why we emphasize education as part of dual diagnosis treatment. You will be able to attend readings, lectures, and individual sessions with clinical staff to better understand the impact of your disorders on you, your family, and your life.
A dual diagnosis means every area of your life has been affected by your co-occurring disorders. As a result, you will need specialized treatment that can’t be found at a typical drug rehab facility. Sierra Tucson can provide you a full spectrum of services that will address all of your disorders simultaneously to enhance long-term recovery and extend healing to the family. Call today to find out how.
Request your FREE confidential assessment here. Let us help you make the first step to recovery.
For more than 25 years, Sierra Tucson has been providing world-class treatment for:
- Trauma & Abuse
- Sexual Addiction/Compulsivity
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Drug Addiction/Chemical Dependency
- Alcohol Addiction
- Depression, Bipolar, and Mood Disorders
- Anxiety/Panic Disorders
- Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders