Sierra Tucson’s Mood and Anxiety Treatment Program
Anxious? Depressed? Not feeling like yourself?
Help for depression or an anxiety disorder is just one phone call away.
While many people go through sad, anxious, or elated moods from time to time, people with depression or anxiety disorders suffer from emotions and moods that disrupt their daily functioning. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of depression or anxiety, the experts in Sierra Tucson’s Mood and Anxiety Program can help.
Depression is one of the most common mood disorders and often co-occurs with other diagnoses such as drug and alcohol abuse, anxiety, or trauma. Although occasional ups and downs are part of normal life, if those feelings of sadness, emptiness, or lifelessness intensify or persist beyond a few weeks with no relief, you may have depression.
Recognizing depression is the first step toward healing. The following are signs that you need help for depression:
- Changes in appetite and sleeping patterns
- Feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, or guilt
- Lack of interest in your usual hobbies, work, or activities
- Fatigue or inability to concentrate
- Difficulty making a decision
- Overwhelming sadness or suicidal thoughts or behaviors
At Sierra Tucson, effective depression treatment is about more than medication – it involves a strategic combination of group therapy, family therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Integrative Therapies, and medications (if needed). Your treatment plan will be specifically designed by a staff of mental health experts, using cutting-edge depression treatment modalities to maximize your progress and get you back to enjoying life’s many pleasures.
Anxiety Disorders Treatment
Anxiety is a reaction to stress that can take many forms, including panic disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and phobias. In its most debilitating state, anxiety sufferers experience the following symptoms:
- Dread confronting everyday situations
- Feeling afraid or panicked or unable to calm down
- Feeling as though you’re having a nervous breakdown
- Inability to concentrate
- Rapid heartbeat
Although only about one-third of people suffering from an anxiety disorder receive treatment, anxiety disorders are, in fact, highly treatable. The growing prevalence of anxiety disorders has yielded new research and superior therapies. Sierra Tucson utilizes the most innovative and effective strategies for treating anxiety and co-occurring disorders, such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, Integrative Therapies, DBT Skills Training, exercise, and/or medication therapy, along with a full spectrum of additional treatment modalities.
Get Help for Your Depression or Anxiety Today
Whether you’ve been struggling with depression or an anxiety disorder for a few months or your entire life, the experts at Sierra Tucson know that your quality of life can improve. With a 25-year history of personalized treatment and expert care, we have helped hundreds of people suffering from depression and anxiety disorders go on to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Sierra Tucson’s Mood and Anxiety Program is designed to meet the needs of people suffering from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety or panic disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and other affective disorders. The Sierra Model® specifically addresses the complex interplay between each individual’s mind, body, spirit, and emotions, using a blend of the following therapeutic interventions:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Medication Management
- Psycho-Educational Lectures
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training
- Therapeutic and Recreational Activities such as Equine-Assisted Therapy
- Personalized Fitness and Nutrition Plans
- Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Qigong, Reiki, Shiatsu, Somatic Experiencing®, Yoga, and Zero Balancing
- Comprehensive Family and Youth Program
From the moment you pick up the phone to call our team of mental health professionals, you will be treated with dignity, respect, and an appreciation for the impact a mood or anxiety disorder has had on the life of you and your loved ones. The therapeutic process will begin as soon as you join us and will continue until you’ve made a smooth transition into the next stage of your journey.
Request your FREE confidential assessment here. Let us help you make the first step to recovery.
For more than 25 years, Sierra Tucson has been providing world-class treatment for:
- Trauma & Abuse
- Sexual Addiction/Compulsivity
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Drug Addiction/Chemical Dependency
- Alcohol Addiction
- Depression, Bipolar, and Mood Disorders
- Anxiety/Panic Disorders
- Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders